As a second generation family-run business, delivering exceptional customer care and quality products is second nature to us!
Now under the ownership of Brett and Vickie Nielsen, d-Blinds continues to build on its strong history of providing quality shutters blinds, awnings and shade solutions to homes and businesses in and around the Darling Downs area.
Originally established in Russell Street in 1953 by Brett’s parents, Stan and Sis Nielsen, with the first Luxaflex showroom opening in Ruthven Street in the 60s, the venture was then taken over by the current owners more than 20 years ago. After Stan passed away in 1990, Brett and Sis opened a new showroom in James Street before moving to Stephen Street when the company started manufacturing verticals, security screens and doors.
In 1999, a fire destroyed the business and Brett and Vickie had to rebuild from scratch, but by 2008, d-Blinds was well and truly back in business, specialising in shutters, awnings, blinds and Venetians and rebranded with its current name.